Requires iOS 5 or higher
Requires iPad device
Quasar is (the very first) window manager for iPad! Now you can run apps in windows, on your iPad! Simply open any application and it will be opened in a window, just like in your computer. Quasar is integrated to iOS’s default app switcher (double pressing home button). Killing an application in app switcher (or holding the close button) kills its window and the application itself, but if you only click the close button, the window is closed but the application keeps running in background (in the app switcher).
It is integrated too with notification center and with Safari/App Store/YouTube/links that opens other apps.
iPhone applications are optimized to run in the right resolution in Quasar.
Configure options from Settings app
See larger Screenshots below:
- Fixed crash when rapidly editing the auto full-screen apps list
- Fixed crash when opening a notification from lock screen
- Fixed bug when apps opened from notifications didn’t have the notification’s context
- Fixed crash when sending files to other apps (“Open in…”, mail attachments, etc)
- Fixed bug when opening an application from Newsstand
- Changed default behavior of auto full-screen apps when pressing Home to come back to window mode instead of closing everything
- Implemented a new core, fixing lots of tiny bugs experienced by some users